Sephora is evil….in the very best way possible. They always have crazy good deals that I can’t ignore and I love their products and policies. When i saw the holiday it kit offer earlier this month, I had to take advantage of it and find out what goodies they had in store for me!
You get free shipping with any $50 order and 3 free samples with any order. My total was $55 after tax.
First up: SEPHORA+PANTONE UNIVERSE Tangerine Tango Brush Set; These were on sale for $21, so how could I possibly resist?
The set includes a powder brush, blush brush, foundation brush, shadow brush, and crease brush. Honestly at first glance, I was going to return them because they appeared too synthetic. But the powder brush feels like heaven on my face and the others do just fine, so I kept them! And it comes with a fun little stand to keep them in. The blush brush is the roughest, however, and I rarely use it.
Second: Bite Beauty Define & Refine Lip Set ; on sale for $30
This set includes 3 full-sized lip colors: 0.12 oz Lip Shine in Prosecco (sheer nude), 0.09 oz High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate (rich red), and 0.13 oz Luminous Crème Lipstick in Rosè (peachy pink).
The most surprising for me was Lip Shine in Prosecco (aka my new obsession). It’s a little sticky, but the gloss is gloriously shiny with a touch of a nude/baby-pink color.
I was most looking forward to the High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate, since everyone is raving about it. BUT, although I adore the color, I fear it is a bit too harsh for my fair skin. It is, as it states, a very rich red–not necessarily reminiscent of a pomegranate, but moreso like a deep strawberry. It can be tricky to apply and bleeds around the edges–see pics.
And then there was the Luminous Crème Lipstick in Rosè, a natural looking rosy pink. It is pretty and easy to wear, but nothing special. Also, not sure if it is just mine, but it kind of smells like play-do….
Last but not least was the free stuff! The Best in Classic It Kit, and the samples (Kenzo FlowerbyKenzo, CLEAN Fresh Laundry, and Lancome LA BASE PRO Perfecting Primer)
1) As far as all the scents go, they’re nice but nothing I’m crazy about–I stick to my ck one or chanel
2) The Murad Acne cleanser feels great (tingly), but I haven’t noticed any major improvements.
3) The HD Microfinish powder pot is great. It is a white powder but shows up clear and feels very silky.
4) The BI-FACIL Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover does it’s job and even removes waterproof eye makeup but is not so good for my sensitive eyes. It stings a little.
5) The Sephora moisturizer, Lancome mascara and Stila eye shadow palette felt like filler items to me, but I have not tried them yet (or desired to). My shadow palette arrived in pieces and it was difficult to get off of the paper.
6) The NARS velvet gloss lip pencil, in New Lover, is adorable. It’s a rosy pink with gold undertones. It’s fairly sheer and adds a subtle pop of color.
That’s all for now! I am quite satisfied with my purchase and would recommend most of these products!